Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18th

Its raining really hard today so I am not going to make it to the hospital. But...I received a wonderful call from Kristi and she wanted me to add a few items to her brag list.

1. She walked today! She took 6 steps- with help, but steps never the less.
2. She was able to stand for a few minutes -no hands, no brace, no support of any kind.

When she called she was happily resting and getting ready for round two of PT while eating ice cream out of the carton. She has lost a frightening amount of weight and they have her on a diet of 7,000+ calories a day. (Wouldn't that be fun to bad most of it is through a tube)
We are all beside ourselves with excitement. Thanks for all of those prayers, no doubt they have worked as this has been a long time in coming.

Love - Jayme

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristi & Jaime,
    It's been awhile, but you can be sure that I have been praying for you and keeping you on the prayer list at church ( we have some real prayer warriors praying for you!) I'm so thrilled to read of your progress and appreciate your updates Jaime:) Now that you have such a great program of PT and a real goal to go home, I know you will continue to impress the doctors. Stormy has become a little spoiled and gets mad now if I don't bring her carrots or treats when I put Sky away. The other day she started pawing as if to say, "Don't forget about me lady!"
    Can't wait to read of your continued progress and if I missed the mailing address, could you post it again Jaime? Thanks....
    Love and hugs and lots of prayers!
    Kriste Judd

    ReplyDelete