Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday Jan 14th

Everyday is full of surprises and yesterday was bitter sweet. They have set a home date of Feb 17th. YAHOO

I met with Kristi's doctors and team of therapists and needless to say did not hear what I expected. The majority of the conversation was how to fit our home to make it wheelchair accesable- we all thought that Kristi would be walking when she came home but they were not very hopefull. I suspect that Kristi already knew this but is determined to prove them wrong and I would bet money that she will! The other constant comment was that she works harder than most patients and that her attitude is very positive. She is anxious to get into the pool as she thinks that will enable her to walk sooner. We have to get the trechea tube out and healed before she can go into the water and we are hopefull that will happen next week. They also told me that she may never get all of her strength back.( We don't beleive them -good thing she started off so strong and has the determinatin of a mountain goat!)

We've started a pool as to when Kristi takes her first steps - I am betting $10 on Feb 1 and another $10 on Feb 10 for walking multiple steps with the walker!!!!
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jaime and Kristi, home sweet home is what I'm thinking. It will feel so good to be close to the beach and surrounded by friends. Congratulations on the accomplishments that have been made thus far and for "wowing" the docs! As for the bet, put me in for $10 that Kristi will be skipping out of the hospital :)

    ReplyDelete