Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday

Kristi keeps on working. They take her off of all sedation drugs during the day as well as turn the vent down/off for as long as she can take it. She gets paniked and feels like she can't breath . It is heart wrentching to watch but she has this amazing nurse ( the tough love type) who tells her to buck up and get it done. We are hoping to get her off of the vent -cross your fingers - maybe .tomorrow. For those of you who know Kristi, you know a fiesty little thing she can be -her hands are tied after she pulled out her feeding tube - but man can she stomp those fingers and kick her one foot. She is dealing with some paralzsis on one side which is not uncommon given how hard they had to squeeze her veins to keep up blood pressure. There is no reason to think that she won't get the feeling back and the circulation appears to be returning to normal. The body is such an amazing system and given her age, all should ok in time. We are currently looking at a 4-6 week hospital stay and as soom as she is out of ICU we will try and get her closer to home which will certainly make me feel better.


I know that I have said this before - but thank you all for your ongoing well wishes and prayers. If I ever doubted the power of prayer before I never will again. No doubt in my mind - IT WORKS. Love you all and Happy Thanksgiving. (So much to be thankful for)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, prayer does work!! There are many people praying at our church as Krist has been on the prayer list. One of my favorite verses always encourages me "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
    With love & prayers! Kriste Judd

    ReplyDelete