Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday

We are hanging tough on this crazy rollercoaster ride! Kristi is fighting her heart out and we are hoping that the antibiotics kick in soon. We received some of the lab reports back today and she has a staff infection that has spread to her lungs. It started at the dialysis port which we have now taken out. At least now they can target and strengthen the antibiotics. She is very weak and because she is on mega doses of steroids for her lungs, her immune system is shot.

The good news is her kidneys seem to be kicking in which is great! They told me four weeks and we are one day shy of that - can't believe that we are still in the ICU. She is definetly down in the dumps and her birthday is Sunday - if you are close by and can visit I know that it would really cheer her up

Thank you for your continued prayers and well wishes.
Love and Happy Holidays - The Nunn Family

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jaime and Kristi, I'm glad that they have found the cause of the infection. That is half the battle, now on to the war with the infection. Keep on fighting you little soldier and you will win this battle. My heart goes out to you both. Wish I was close bye so that I could come and wish you a happy birthday. I will be sending healing thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete