Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday - week 5

I'm watching the finale of "So you think you can Dance" - I love that show. Mark came down to stay with Kristi so that I could come home for a day and take a much needed break. It felt great to go to work even if only for a day, also nice to talk about something other than sickness for a bit!!! I wish I didn't feel so guilty about not being there. (sounds like a personal problem)

It is such a roller coaster though I am getting used to the pattern of a few good days and then a few that are not so. On the days that aren't so good I tell myself that tomorrow will be better - and it usually is! Today, unfortunately was not so good - but today's "Not so Good" was way better than last week's "Not so Good!!!! Kristi was running a fever again today and having some issues with her trachea tube so she didn't get to do her PT or get out of bed. She is also in quarantine until they know more about this new infection. You can still visit but you need to put on a gown, mask and gloves.

She is very hungry and testy and actually threw something at me yesterday when I wouldn't give her any more ice- I loved it! I'm betting that Kristi stands tomorrow!!!
Love you all - Jayme

3 comments:

  1. Your positive approach to life is such a gift! It's also quite infectious. Thanks for your thoughts and updates. I look for them every day.

    Love Ya, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi and Jaime-
    I am using Sarah's computer in Hawaii. Just wanted to say hello, hope you will feel better soon, I know it is too long and hard. I keep up on how you are doing with your mom and your blog, but needed sarah to show me how to comment!! Anyway, we think of you everyday, and wish we could do more to help. Love you tons, and we will all come and visit again when we get back to Slo town. Love from Eve, sarah, jake and Sean too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jayme and Kristi,

    Sounds as though progress is being made. Jayme, I'm glad that you are getting a little break, five weeks is a long time. I am hoping and praying that you get to move closer to home by Christmas. I too, look at your updates daily. Thanks for making the effort.
    Love ya, Karen

    ReplyDelete